Labour Hire Insurance
One of the first things you will need when you decide to start your business is Labour Hire Insurance and this usually always starts with Public Liability Quote. The insurer will need to know things like what is your expected turnover and what type of occupations will you be supplying labour for.
As you can imagine, supply labour for people to erect scaffolds is going to be a much higher risk than if you supply office staff to just do reception work and with that higher risk comes a higher premium for your Labour Hire Insurance. So you have a duty to disclose all the information about the business and the types of occupations you will supplying for.
We can help you secure a cover that will help you meet your contractual obligations and help you secure your next job. Being a higher risk occupation many insurance companies will not offer cover for Labour hire insurance, but we have key relationships with underwriters that offer Labour hire insurance at competitive market rates.
- Higher limits by request
- Cover for higher risk occupations
What sort of claims does Labour hire companies have?
- Damage to property caused by your supplied labour injury cause by your supplied labourer to another party
- Worker to worker claims for contractors and Sub-contractors who injure themselves at the job site.
- Getting sued by local state workers compensation due to claim made by contractors and Sub-contractors due to your supplied labour
- Fines due to Occupation health and safety breaches
- HSE cases due to things like unfair dismissal and associated legal cost.
- Worker to worker claims is one of the greatest costs to insurers at this present day.
When someone gets injured on-site due to your staff’s negligence and they make a claim against their worker’s compensation insurance. Workers compensation then tries to recoup their losses by suing you or your company and most people we talk to about this are blasé about the risk but we see it time and time again and cannot stress enough, your exposure to it.
We can help with all types of cover such as:
- Business insurance
- Life and income protection
- Professional Indemnity